The Village Clerk, Ted Parsons is in the office Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 3:000 p.m. Closed for an hour between Noon – 1:00PM. Exceptions to this schedule will be posted on the front door. If you ever need to meet with the Clerk outside of these scheduled hours, please call 439-1700 and that will be accommodated

Being a dog owner requires all sorts of responsibility but one that is often overlooked is getting him/her licensed. The Village Treasurer often gets asked, “why do I need to license my dog, he/she never leaves my yard.”  There are several reasons:

It’s Wisconsin law.   In Section 174.052 of the Wisconsin Statutes it’s mandatory that dog owners have their rabies vaccinated and licensed in their municipality.   

If your dog goes missing, having him licensed drastically improves your chances of getting him back.  If the Village office receives a phone call indicating that a roaming dog has been found, that license number can quickly identify your dog and get him back to you safely.

Licensing lets the people in our community know that your dog is up to date on its rabies vaccinations.  A dog cannot be licensed unless it is properly vaccinated.  A Good Samaritan will be much more likely to want to handle and care for your missing dog.  There are 100+ dogs licensed in the Village and it protects you and the community to know that all the dogs harbored here are healthy, seen by a Veterinarian and rabies vaccinated. 

The licensing process is simple.  There is no application, but you must provide proof of rabies vaccination and a small fee ($3.00 for spayed/neutered dogs or $8.00 for intact dogs).  This paperwork and fee can be processed during Village office hours or if you are unable to stop into the office, paperwork and fee can be left in the secure drop box or mailed to PO Box 292, Stockbridge WI 53088 and your dog will be licensed.  All of your original paperwork and the new license with dog tag will be mailed back to you. 

The licenses are renewed annually on January 1st of each year.  There is a grace period of four months, until April 1st in which you are allowed to get your dog licensed.  After April 1st, the local Treasurer is required to complete what is called the “dog settlement” with Calumet County.  All licensed dogs, along with the fees collected during the licensing period are forwarded to Calumet County.  A report of all the unlicensed dogs is also printed and sent along with the dog settlement at this time.  From a County level, the District Attorney’s office may follow up with letters to owners of unlicensed dogs at that time.  To avoid reminder letters or stricter letters from the County level, it is important to let the local Treasurer know if you know longer have the dog in your home.  Once that information is passed on to the local Treasurer by calling 439-1700 or by email at [email protected], your dog’s information will be taken off the computerized registry.


Yes!  The yard waste dumpster is delivered in early spring to the site located just to the west of the Sewer Treatment Plant at 625 W. Lake St.    It is provided as service to our local Village residents to dispose of their yard waste.  The dumpster remains at this site through the end of November.  It emptied on an as-needed basis, but during times of extensive usage, a special dump may be called in.  The Village asks that you keep the area surrounding the dumpster clear of debris.  If the dumpster is full during your drop-off, please take your bagged material back with you and inform the Village Office that the dumpster is full.  This information can be relayed by stopping into the office, calling 439-1700 or emailing the Clerk at [email protected]

There is now also an area designated for branches.  The Village asks that you do NOT deposit branches in the dumpster but deposit in the spot that is designated.  Those branches will be chipped as necessary.  Please do NOT put the branches right next to the sign.  Leaving the pile approximately 10 feet or more from the sign is requested.

We appreciate your cooperation in following all posted rules so that much used service remains for our residents.

No, but Calumet County currently offers two programs, that residents of the Village could quality for.  To learn more about their programs, follow this link to the Calumet County website HERE.

The Stockbridge community is very proud of our recycling efforts and community outreach.  Stockbridge was recognized by the WI DNR for it”s “Recycling Excellence”!  There have been some changes related to the use of plastic bags, so we have drafted a one-page flyer that summarizes this issue click here for the flyer.  Also, check out the Garbage/Recycling tab on this website to get even more information related to both the garbage collection and recycling program.  The Village Office also has a lot of flyers related to recycling and the Village newsletter typically highlights information related to these topics too.  Stay informed!

As of September 1, 2010, private citizens are required by State law to recycle electronics.  As posted by the UW-Extension office, Calumet County residents can utilize these recycling options to safely & legally dispose of used televisions, computers & other electronics:

American TV & Best Buy – will accept most electronics.  Go to their company websites and search “recycling”.  Milwaukee PC (locations in Appleton, Fond du Lac, Green Bay) will take them, but contact the store prior to drop off for details.  To locate other outlets in northeast Wisconsin, check out the website Earth 911 at

To access numerous publications that will inform you on how to properly dispose of or recycle the following items:  USED OIL FILTERS, FLUORESCENT LIGHT BULBS, USED ENGINE OIL, APPLIANCES, TV’S & ELECTRONICS go to

The Village of Stockbridge contracts with Advanced Disposal for weekly garbage and recycling pick-up.  If you have no other means of disposing of your large item (ie…taking it to the landfill in Chilton), they will pick up the item, if you call them ahead of time to make arrangements.  They do charge a minimum pick-up fee of $50 for this large item disposal.  You can contact them at 849-9544 ext 105. 

Please remember that if the item is a refrigerator, dehumidifier, freezer or any item that contains freon, the freon would need to be removed by a licensed appliance technician.

The sign is owned by the Village of Stockbridge and is used for community awareness postings.  If you have a community-minded event or notice that you would like posted, please contact the Clerk at 439-1700 or email at [email protected] with the pertinent information.  This same information can also be included in our online community calendar found on the Village website.

Alcohol beverages are governed by Chapter 125 of the Wisconsin Statutes.   With certain limited exceptions, Wisconsin law prohibits the sale of alcohol without an appropriate license.

Any person 18 years of age or older who is serving alcohol beverages in a Village of Stockbridge  establishment with a Class A, B or C license MUST obtain a Beverage Operator’s License (commonly called a “bartender’s license”).

Applications available at the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office (116 S. Military Rd, Stockbridge) or here for New Bartender and here for Renewal Bartender.  The completed applications and associated fees, copy of drivers license and Responsible Beverage Certificate (if needed) can be dropped off at the office or deposited into the secure drop box near the front door 24/7.


  1. Applicant must be at least 18 years of age by the time of issuance.
  2. The applicant may not have been convicted of a felony or be a “habitual law offender” (subject to Wisconsin’s Fair Employment Law).
  3. Applicant must complete a responsible beverage server training course, unless they are renewing an existing operator’s license or completed the training course within the last two years.
  4. Complete a Beverage Operator’s License application and pay the non-refundable license fees.  A copy of your Driver’s License is required to be attached.

Your application will then be reviewed, a background check is completed and the application processed.  Applicants be made aware that the processing of applications are not completed “on the spot” and time must be given to complete this task.  Owners of licensed establishments must take this into consideration when scheduling their new staff.

Temporary Beverage Operator’s License may be issued ONLY to individuals who will be donating their services to nonprofit organizations.  Individuals may only hold one Temporary Beverage Operator’s license per licensing year.  The license is valid for any period from one (1) to fourteen (14) consecutive days.

You should contact WPS at (800) 450-7260 or you can fill out an online form at this link  It will ask you the number on the pole and what the nearest address is to the pole. 

Yes, you can have a fire pit, but please use care and common sense when burning.  Fires should be tended when burning and please make sure you have a source to extinguish the fire.  Please be courteous to your neighbors and make certain that your burning isn’t a nuisance to them.  Also, obey burning bans that may be inacted during drought conditions.  If you have a question about bans, contact the Village Office at (920) 439-1700.

The Village asks that you limit fireworks to the Fourth of July holiday or special occasion & yes, a permit is required.  You can find the permit application here.


Fence installation does require a permit and the details are covered in the Villages Zoning Code 24.312.  These details can be reviewed at the Village Office or in the Code of Ordinances tab on this website.  We also remind you to contact Diggers Hotline before any digging begins.  Diggers Hotline’s phone number is (800) 242-8511

Utility payments should be mailed to PO Box 205, Stockbridge, WI  53088. 

Also for customer convenience, payments may be made at the following locations:  State Bank of Chilton, Stockbridge Branch – 401 W. Lake St or in the secure drop box located on the front of Village of Stockbridge office at 116 S. Military Street..

NOTE:  All delinquent water payments must be made at the State Bank of Chilton, Stockbridge Branch.

For all Utility related questions, please contact the Utility Clerk, Cindy Strebe at 439-1220 or email her at [email protected]

Noxious weeds and/or rank growth are regulated under the Property Maintenance section 24.314 of the Village Ordinances.  Noxious weeds are defined in Wisconsin Statutes, Section 66.96 and 66.955 to include: Canada Thistle, Leafy Spurge, Field Bindweed (Creeping Jenny), any non-native member of the genus Lythrum (Purple Loose Strife) or hybrids thereof, and Multiflora Rose.  Rank growth is defined as lawns, grasses and other vegetative growth on undeveloped lots or platted parcels of land which exceed 12” in length on undeveloped platted parcels except for property located in a designated flood plain, wetland or storm water detention area.

If you have a complaint about a neighboring property that is not in compliance with the Ordinance, please contact the Village Office.  The Village will issue a notice giving the owner (7) days to comply.  After (7) days of notice the Village will cut, and the expense shall be placed on the tax role as a special charge on the property.


Calumet County’s website has record of all Village properties in its “Online Resources” section.  You can search on an address and it will give you the property’s assessment class, land value, improvement value, real estate taxes and fair market value.  If you need more detailed information, room sizes, footage or age of home, you would have to contact Grota Appraisals at (262) 253-1142 or the realtor.

The first installment of real estate taxes can be paid at the Village Office.  Any payments after January 31st should be sent to the Calumet County Treasurer, 206 Court St., Chilton WI  53014.

The Fire Department meets the 1st and 3rd Mondays of every month, at 7:00 p.m. at the Fire Station.  If interested in learning more about becoming a volunteer Fire Fighter, you could attend a meeting to get all of your questions answered.  There is a Volunteer Fire Fighter application form on the Village website.  It may be a good idea to print off and complete the application prior to attending the meeting.  First Responders meet the 4th Monday of every month at 7:00 p.m. at the Fire Station, and if interested, you could also attend their meeting.

If there is a dog loose in your neighborhood, you can call the Village Office at 439-1700 to give a description of the dog or the tag number and the Clerk can check the dog license register to try to locate the proper owner.  Otherwise, if it is outside of regular office hours, the Village contracts with Calumet County Law Enforcement and their non-emergency number is 849-2335 to inquire if they can offer assistance.

Contact the Village Clerk by calling her at (920) 439-1700, emailing her at [email protected] or stopping into the office to discuss the matter and inquiring if it could be addressed at the next Village Board meeting.  The Village Board has regular meetings the first Wednesday of every month, at 6:00 p.m., at the Village Office.


To get information regarding the park pavilion, please contact Sue Lisowe at 439-1576.

Contact the Village Clerk by calling her at (920) 439-1700, emailing her at [email protected] or stopping into the office to see if the Community Hall is available on the day of your event.  There is a short rental agreement that would need to be completed.  The fee to reserve the Community Hall is $50 and there is a $125 security deposit required, but it is returned after verifying that the Hall has been cleaned and no property damage has occurred.  To review and print a copy of the application, click here.

The Village of Stockbridge’s designated polling place is the Community Hall, which is connected to the Fire Station.  Click on the ELECTIONS tab to get up to date information related to elections.

The Village has contracted with Premier Property Management to do the plowing for the Village streets.  They can be contacted at (920) 849-3393 with any questions or concerns.  The Calumet County Highway Department is responsible for the plowing of Cty. Rd. E & Hwy. 55 and they can be contacted at (920) 849-1434.